we’re such assholes in the US omg
It’s not even funny.
Border between “west” and “east” germany…
Border between Australia and everywhere
1. Acknowledge the feelings it evokes in you.
2. Look at the source of the criticism … Is it someone you respect, or is someone who complains and criticise others – so it says more about them?
3. Ask yourself – “what do I agree with in what that person said, and what should I reject – because…
I’ve read a lot of different versions of myself - and all of them are true because it’s all opinion, and they’re as accurate as it can ever be. But I don’t think that I’ve been deft at hiding parts of my personality.
1. Accept, appreciate and enjoy what you have
2. Do what you enjoy, and enjoy what you do
3. Try to live in the present; make the most of “this moment”
4. Make the choice to be happy, even when you’re feeling “blah”
5. Cherish your friends, and the people who you love
6. Don’t compare yourself to others – have your own goals and dreams.
7. Be genuine, spontaneous – and like and love yourself.
Incredible photos from the operating room taken by Max Aguilera-Hellweg in his book The Sacred Heart, An Atlas Of The Body Seen Through Invasive Surgery, 1997, Bulfinch Press, Little Brown & Company, New York